Birmingham, UK (January 2017)




My sole purpose of going to Birmingham will be seeing my favourite band-poets of the fall

i have being listening to them since i was in high school, so it feels nostalgic

it is not a famous band and they have a concert in Birmingham, £20 for standing tickets.

the venue is essentially a bar and you can get really up close with the artist


i do prefer their old songs but i am satisfied as i know they will not tour Malaysia as they don't have much audience here.





birmingham airport to city centre


My first meal upon arriving Birmingham

My friend brought me to this chicken rice shop.


I mean, the portion is HUGE!!

where can you get such yummies in Malaysia??

 WHERE?

All for £7.5

Well, they have chilli oil at the side, i ate until my throat pain!


pretty tiles in the museum. had to take a mandatory shot.


Birmingham Jewellery quarter

I'm doing solo travel so i decided to visit this famous place.

In the older days, Birmingham is a place to manufacture jewellery as it is situated right in the middle of England and they have very precious stones underneath



A beautiful bridal cake shop i passed by


Oh, the pretty streets when it is approaching sunset, now i have to get back to my accomodation as i fear the buses will stop operating



Nuxe Huile Prodiguiese

it is made from botanical oils, great multi-purpose oil for hair, skin, body

i applied it to my face frequently as the wind is very strong and my face starts to get dry



Canals are everywhere in Birmingham







Canals are everywhere in Birmingham








Perks of staying at my friend's place, access to kitchen to save cost from dining outside


believe me, the mackerels are cheap and this is a type of oily fatty fish (think of omega-3)

some people will like it, i used to have cravings so bad that i told myself i need to have it for dinner tonight!

so i will go all the way to tesco just to buy these mackerels! HAHA

birmingham university. another day in birmingham and i decided to take a bus from the city to visit this art and gallery located in birmingham university. bought a day ticket which cost me 4 pounds. pretty reasonable deal i guess. boarded the bus. but i forgot to stop at the university. and i literally took a detour. in my heart i was screaming FCUK!!?! i soon realised everyone were gradually leaving to their destinations and there were very little people on the buses. Tbh, i panicked but told myself its ok. the trip to the university supposingly should only take me about 15 minutes and i spent 1.5 hour on the bus. in the end, the bus reached the last stop and the bus driver look at the rear mirror. DAFUQ. i told him i missed the stop and he calmly told me he would go back using the same route. lesson learned, dont panic and buy the day ticket, i kept reassure myself that it is ok and i did not spend a single cent more. 



TBH, art galleries can be a tad boring. but if you have time and a little imagination, it can be rewarding. most of the paintings in the museum are fakes but still, i like looking at the description depicting the picture. 


lapworth museum of Geology. another museum set up by the university faculty. the museum is not big, about 2 floors. there were several fossils of sea animals too. 
paranoma of the city! 

Exterior of library 

So just got back from Birmingham! A thousand thoughts are running through my mind, hoping to pen it down precisely.
state library-shakespeare section
city council





 One of the perks of travelling alone is that i can manage my own time, don't have to wait for the others, and also i can visit places that i want to visit

However, i admit i feel lonely at times, and the worst feeling is having panic attacks when the night is drawing in and i lost my sense of direction

One of the ways to solve this problem is to approach the locals and ask them for direction.

Most of them seems pre-occupied on their phones so i don't want to bother them.

i think everyone should learn how to be independent, learn new things and accept new challenges everyday !

Travelling alone helps me to stay alert, be practical, and i feel good after i have mastered navigation!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TRY ME REVIEW ME - STYLEKOREAN NEOGEN SUR.MEDIC

Recent eateries

Realization